I got my SI in the mail today. The cover pissed me off, so I didn't even bother looking inside. I don't really want to read or see anything about what happened on SUNDAY or "The Game We Shall Not Speak Of"... So yea, I felt the need to trash my SI and dump coffee grounds on it. It felt cathartic.
Of course I took a picture of it in the trash can and had to make a clever graphic.
Pats fans - I hope you enjoy. Maybe it will help with our grieving.
:-) As I told a friend of mine from the younger years yesterday, if you had told me we'd have appeared in 5 Super Bowls since I graduated HS, I would have laughed at you back in the day. Sure we're 3 and 3 in the big game, BUT...That's better then no appearances in the last 20 years (fins anyone?). This isn't 86, or 03 that's for sure, although it's pretty close.
*Only leaving a comment here because one of the new media folks I know urged his audience to go find a few blogs and leave a comment.
**OH, and also because I'm a life-long New Englander who has been a HATRIOT member since Sam Bam Cunningham, Steve Grogan, John Hannah, Bill Lenkitis and all the other Pats.
And yes, I am a Dolphins fan. Or as my team's stupid PR office calls us, Dol-fan. And I'm not a Jeffrey come lately, I've loved them since Bob Griese and Jim Kiick and Larry Czonka and Paul Warfield and Mercury Morris and Nick B. and Jake Scott and Garo Yepremian and others.
I'm looking forward to the draft. Maybe you guys could trade us Brady for our overall first pick. Or maybe you won't get to pick this year if Spygate eliminates the Pats from the league.
:-) As I told a friend of mine from the younger years yesterday, if you had told me we'd have appeared in 5 Super Bowls since I graduated HS, I would have laughed at you back in the day. Sure we're 3 and 3 in the big game, BUT...That's better then no appearances in the last 20 years (fins anyone?). This isn't 86, or 03 that's for sure, although it's pretty close.
ReplyDeleteAlmost an undefeated season. Maybe next year.
ReplyDelete*Only leaving a comment here because one of the new media folks I know urged his audience to go find a few blogs and leave a comment.
**OH, and also because I'm a life-long New Englander who has been a HATRIOT member since Sam Bam Cunningham, Steve Grogan, John Hannah, Bill Lenkitis and all the other Pats.
And yes, I am a Dolphins fan. Or as my team's stupid PR office calls us, Dol-fan. And I'm not a Jeffrey come lately, I've loved them since Bob Griese and Jim Kiick and Larry Czonka and Paul Warfield and Mercury Morris and Nick B. and Jake Scott and Garo Yepremian and others.
I'm looking forward to the draft. Maybe you guys could trade us Brady for our overall first pick. Or maybe you won't get to pick this year if Spygate eliminates the Pats from the league.
Later,
Jeff
Bowl of Cheese