Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hello from Far West of the Fens (Wichita chapter)


It's been 1 week today since I left Boston on a 2 week driving trip to Kansas and back to visit family and visit points in OH, MS, IA & IL along the way. It's been a fantastic trip so far and I have so much to blog about, I feel like my head is going to simply explode.

I've had some wonderful baseball experiences and blessed time with my Dad along the way. Best of all, there is more to come - we are leaving my sister's house here in Wichita on Wednesday, bound for Dyersville, Iowa - home of the "Field of Dreams". I cannot wait!!

So.. I still have a lot to write about from this last week.. and post cards to send.

BUT!! Today, I was hurting SO much for some LIVE RED SOX baseball, that I gave MLB.com a chunk of change to give me live game coverage for the whole season - almost every game played, any nite, etc. If I had paid that money for JUST this game tonight - to see Josh Beckett pitch a complete game shut out and watch Dlowe's great pitching performance and return to Fenway - it was worth it just for that!! WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment