From CBSSportsline:
Eric Gagne, RP MIL
News: The Brewers yanked Eric Gagne from the closer's role on Sunday after the reliever called his latest performance embarrassing and said he didn't feel he deserved to pitch the ninth anymore. Manager Ned Yost said he read Gagne's comments and will use a closer by committee approach while Gagne takes what Yost called a "mental break." "He's really pushing himself really, really hard and taking it really, really hard," Yost said. "We'll probably just mix and match, I'm not going to do anything crazy." Yost said he hopes Gagne works his way back into the closer's role. Possible options to close games include Guillermo Mota, David Riske and Salomon Torres.
News: The Brewers yanked Eric Gagne from the closer's role on Sunday after the reliever called his latest performance embarrassing and said he didn't feel he deserved to pitch the ninth anymore. Manager Ned Yost said he read Gagne's comments and will use a closer by committee approach while Gagne takes what Yost called a "mental break." "He's really pushing himself really, really hard and taking it really, really hard," Yost said. "We'll probably just mix and match, I'm not going to do anything crazy." Yost said he hopes Gagne works his way back into the closer's role. Possible options to close games include Guillermo Mota, David Riske and Salomon Torres.
So... who thinks the Brewers fans are NOT AMUSED about how their team has WASTED $10 million dollars on a guy who can't buy a save? Wait.. why do I think I've heard of this guy before...this is sounding vaguely familiar.
Okay, so anyone who knows me at all, knows how IRRITATED I was with the Red Sox acquiring Eric Gagne from the Rangers last season. We already had a closer (PAPS) and we lost 2 good young players in exchange (David Murphy & Kason Gabbard) for him. Of course, Mssr. Gagne came to Boston and proceeded to IMPLODE & caused widespread panic each and everytime he emerged from the pen. You know when they say something is wrong when you keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result? Yea. I admit it. I was hoping for that for a while.. but then, YEA.. that dream DIED. Tito went to the pen for Gagne and I usually left the room, cursing.
First, let me say this: I am SO GRATEFUL we won the World Series for the 2nd time in 3 years!!!
Now, it would have been nice to break the 100 win mark.. and the 5 more wins that would have gotten us there, were loses that could certainly easily been attributed to "The Canadian". Anyhow, water under the bridge, I know. I'm gonna let my resentments against GAGME go at some point, I swear. However...I am going to the Sox v. Brewers this coming Saturday at Fenway and you may see me holding a sign that says: Eric Gagne, the anxiety you caused me took years off my life!
Thank goodness, we're done with our case of the "GAGME'S". I'm sure Brewers fans will be wishing he was done with them soon too.

Hey Snoopy,
ReplyDeleteYou have talent with your blogging! Great wording. Keep going, you definitly have the skill!!
Love,
Dad of Snoopy